Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
Under moderate supervision, primary responsibilities will be to perform picking, packing and shipping activities to fulfill outbound deliveries. Pick materials from ambient, refrigerated and frozen storage locations using RF scanners. Packing materials according to procedures. Generate shipping labels using ERP and carrier software. Ensure documentation is followed according to procedure. Maintain organized work areas through 6S. Support other warehouse and logistics areas as assigned.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Picking of materials using RF scanners in ambient, refrigerated and frozen storage locations based off of shipping pick lists provided.
- Packing of materials according to procedure which includes handling of packing supplies, corrugated boxes, coolers, cold packs and dry ice.
- Generating shipping labels through ERP and carrier software.
- Performing Area Line Clearance to ensure quality of each shipment and completing documentation following Good Documentation Practice.
- Maintaining organization of work areas through 6S (sort, straighten, standardize, shine, sustain, safety).
- Support other warehouse and logistic tasks as assigned which can include: Receipt of incoming goods (stock and non-stock), labeling and stocking. Material movement location transfers from Manufacturing, receiving, etc. Assist in cycle counting and inventory investigations and resolutions. Generating reports and completing special projects.
- Acquire and maintain a clear understanding of the technologies utilized in Illumina’s products, parts, and services.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with all departments.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Education and Background:
- 3-5 years related experience, preferably in a life sciences manufacturing environment with temperature sensitive products.
- Familiar with GMP's and ISO regulated environment s
- Strong leadership skills, with excellent communication skills and 3-5 years of materials or logistics experience
- Working computer literacy using an ERP system, spreadsheet and word processing software, inventory control and work order procedures are required (JDE preferred).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
- Ability to prepare and deliver presentations.
- Ability to execute basic analysis and resolve minor problems independently.
- Excellent math skills, strong organizational skills and very detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs to a 36-inch height.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf