Twist Bioscience is looking for a Material Handler to work in our new production facility. This position requires interaction with operations and R&D teams to assure smooth facility operations. In this role you will inventory and process incoming and outgoing shipments, maintain an organized stock room, assist with production waste disposal, assist with shipping and receiving activities and support procurement and facilities needs.
Scope of Position:
This role will be responsible for a wide variety of material handling duties, including receiving, stocking, shipping, material transfers, and reordering of inventory products and food. Twist is a startup business and requires a sharp, flexible person that can easily adapt to its changing needs. The ideal candidate will collaborate effectively with Facilities, Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance teams to assure the optimal service level and compliance.
Failure to perform the essential functions of this job may lead to or result in; poor customer satisfaction, interruptions of the production schedule, inaccurate inventory balances, and reduced efficiency of a wide variety of internal customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive materials from carriers, transact into the system, and label.
- Manage orders and stocking of food to multiple office locations.
- Remove lab waste promptly and in compliance with safety requirements.
- Deliver materials to designated inventory locations or to end-users.
- Maintain a clean, highly organized, and clearly labeled stockroom.
- Resolve discrepancies between PO and product received.
- Assist other members of the Supply Chain team, as required.