Job ID: 10965
Affymetrix, now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
Based in San Diego, CA
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join Planning Department as the Master Scheduler. In this role, the ideal candidate will plan, schedule, coordinate, and/or monitor final approval of all products. Additionally, this individual will also responsible for organizing production plans to ensure materials are delivered according to schedule.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plans global supply requirements and fine tuning the plan to variances during the execution.
* Creates and maintains a global forecast through which revenue plans and sales are translated into build plans and stocking plans
* Oversees the master schedules and ensures compliance with materials requirements for manufacturing
* Resolves labor and material shortages, backlog and other schedule interruptions
* Participates in process and operation improvement opportunities
* Responds to internal and external inquiries
* Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures
* Provides mentorship, if applicable
* Additional duties/responsibilities according to business needs
* Participates in S&OP meetings, provides data and input
* Reviews EE&O monthly
Level of Autonomy and Complexity:
* Experienced professional with full comprehension of established principles, theories, concepts to resolve an extensive range of issues
* Demonstrates good judgment in applying appropriate action resolve issues of diverse scope requiring analysis and evaluation of factors
* Contributes to establishment of organization's objectives; error in judgment or failure to achieve objectives will have crucial impact and will require extensive addition of resources to correct errors and achieve goals
* Receives little instruction and creates own methods for resolution of everyday tasks; receives general directions for new projects; work is assessed for achievement of goalsStrong Hands on Analytical skills
* Experience with JDE Edwards or other MRP software (hands on experience is a must )
* Microsoft word ,Excel is a must
* Life Sciences industry experience
* Bachelor’s degree in Science (B.S.) from a four-year college, or university, with 5-8 years of
* Licenses/Certificates: CPSM , SPSM, APICS would be highly desired
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to handle or feel; see computer screens and read computer printouts; and reach with arms and hands.
Noise level in the environment is moderate.
Affymetrix is an EEO/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity