Market Development Manager – Genomics
Labcyte Inc. is the leader in low-volume liquid handling for the life sciences. We use acoustic droplet ejection technologies to provide highly accurate, fully automated, non-contact dispensing down to 2.5 nanoliters. This green technology provides significantly better analytical results while saving money. The Echo® product line’s ‘touchless’ technology provides dramatically better answers by eliminating pipette tips and the adsorption of compounds during transfer, while saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in decreased consumables. Accuracy and precision are maintained from first drop through last for a wide variety of fluids, including many considered intractable by other techniques. Labcyte’s award-winning Echo liquid handlers and laboratory automation solutions are used in all of the top 20 pharmaceutical companies, as well as in leading academic and research institutions worldwide. Labcyte technologies have broad applications including the fields of compound management, high-throughput screening, genomics, proteomics, particle manufacturing, encapsulation, imaging mass spectrometry, and live-cell transfer. Labcyte is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with offices in Ireland and Japan, and has 46 U.S., 10 European and six Japanese patents and additional U.S. and international filings.
The Genomics Market Development Manager will be responsible for the development of Labcyte’s presence in genomics research markets. As a Market Development Manager, you will participate in a cross-functional team that is charged with the development and execution of outbound marketing activities and related sales support initiatives designed to generate awareness, establish competitive positions, educate prospects and drive sales growth in the genomics research space. This extends from development of marketing plans and advertising campaigns to the creation of outbound materials and the delivery of field training. You will leverage your knowledge of the genomics research and frequent interactions with Labcyte customers and prospects in this space to serve as a go-to resource for many areas of Labcyte including business development, sales, application and R&D. You must possess a unique blend of market and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in key markets to understand the current challenges researchers are facing and to find innovative solutions for the broader market.
The ideal candidate should have experience as a product manager, marketing manager or similar in a life sciences company with experience in the genomics research space. You must be able to communicate with all areas of our multidisciplinary company, including Applications, Sales, Engineering, Research and Development, and Executives. You must have a strong understanding of genomic applications and technologies currently available to researchers. Experience with liquid handling for sample preparation in genomic applications is a plus.
- Assess clients’ and prospects' needs, technology trends, and major competitors in order to synthesize a marketing strategy; utilize market/client/industry research and analysis to develop and maintain a long-range vision for Labcyte products.
- Act as an evangelist and authority for genomics research, including communication of customer needs and positioning of Labcyte products at user conferences and industry and organization events.
- Lead discussions with customers and inter-departmental teams to competitively position Labcyte products.
- Collaborate with product managers and marcom representatives to ensure strategic alignment across the marketing team.
- Manage the development and distribution of collateral and advertising pieces related to the genomics research space.
- Coordinate and manage the efforts of cross-departmental personnel to drive market development activities and maintain alignment across the commercial functions of Labcyte.
- Facilitate business process changes as required to improve organizational performance.
- Regularly interact with industry leaders and target users to stay abreast of industry changes.
- Regularly interact with field teams to share information, drive initiatives and network with researchers.
- 3+ years of Market development or related experience in life science.
- Undergraduate degree in Biology, Engineering, Business, Marketing, or other pertinent domain.
- Strong technical background in laboratory instrumentation and genomic research applications.
- Experience with the lifecycle of market development.
- Knowledge of liquid handling, automation and robotic laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of life science applications including, but not limited to: sample preparation, genomics assays, and data analysis.
- Academic and diagnostic sector experience desirable.
- Goal-oriented, with ability to not only conceptualize outbound initiatives but also manage and optimize them throughout their lifecycle.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage and develop various products at different stages.
- Excellent communication skills, to both internal and external stakeholders, both oral and written, including authorship of marketing-related documentation.
- Must work well as a part of a team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Up to 30% travel required to customer and non-customer sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
Candidates only, no recruiters or agencies
To apply, please fill out the application form by clicking “APPLY” above or send resume to [email protected] and reference “Job ID #187” in the subject line.
Labcyte Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.