The Kinghorn Centre for Clinical Genomics (KCCG) was established by the Garvan Institute as an Australian research and sequencing centre to deliver and interpret genome sequences for clinical use. KCCG is one of three initial world-wide sites to be acquiring an Illumina HiSeq X Ten sequencing factory, capable of sequencing 150 whole human genomes every 3 days. The KCCG facilitates genome-based research, particularly in cancer and monogenic diseases, but also in complex diseases such as diabetes, osteoporosis and immunological disease. Our vision is to translate medical research into clinical care in Australia and beyond by integrating sequencing, bioinformatics and data management in a cutting-edge Genomics research environment.
The Market Development Manager will play a critical leadership role in the introduction of our Clinical Pathology Reports into the Australian market and subsequent manyfold expansion of this pathology service. Our goal is to see clinical genomics based on personalised WGS interpretation widely available and accessible to diverse patient groups. Through identifying new market opportunities, negotiating strategic marketing contracts with other healthcare service providers in Australia and converting clients and key stakeholders to the benefits of our genomic services, the Market Development Manager will ensure our clients access genomics information of the highest quality and experience service that will only add to the value of genomics across Australian healthcare broadly.
Motivated by the entrepreneurial and dynamic environment of the KCCG and its commercial enterprise, the Market Development Manager will work closely with both the Head of KCCG and Head of Commercial Strategy to provide strategic and operational marketing services to support planning, creation and implementation of commercialisation of our integrated genomics assets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Business development - Identify, implement and manage strategic relationships with Australian and International partners for contract research Genome sequencing services
- Commercial Operations Management - Manage the commercial and operational aspects of in-licensing and implementation of third-party services or products that may be required to develop the core infrastructure and service delivery objectives
- Financial - Implement pricing structures for wholesale/retail service, ongoing monitoring of market competition to ensure KCCG prices remain competitive
- Contract Management - Negotiate contracts with strategic commercial partners, liaise with Garvan Legal to prosecute contracts including implementation of post-contract management processes
- Corporate Development/Business Analysis - Perform analysis, planning and partnering/fund raising activities that are required to establish a new commercial enterprise to deliver a clinical genomics service offering to Australia and beyond