PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To support the Business Development and Partnering function in expanding its capacity to provide business planning and market/environment analytical support to FRED HUTCH life sciences discoveries and their translation to commercial products. The individual in this position will be responsible for data sourcing, data collection, analysis, maintenance, and reporting of both internal FRED HUTCH data and external market and environmentally-focused data in addition to supporting overall BDIR marketing activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conduct market research to determine if there is a customer base and business need for life sciences technologies developed by Fred Hutch scientists and innovators. If a market need exists, create business intelligence reports assessing the market opportunity, analyze potential deal flow value of the technology, identify competing existing technologies/products, identify potential partners for technology licensing or co-development, and source key contacts.
Review and prepare non-confidential, technical business analytic reports and marketing specs for use in broader marketing efforts. Assist in the generation of marketing materials/collateral for technology marketing campaigns (tech briefs, videos, cover letters, information packages, etc.). Manage execution of technology marketing campaigns based on targeted distribution strategies. Review marketing analytics feedback and prepare actionable response plans. Enter and update marketing contacts, accounts, and technology specifications in the BDIR's CRM database. Support Marketing and Business Development outreach as needed.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow policies and procedures governing the handling of confidential information as defined by FRED HUTCH mission and applicable laws and regulations.
- Review timeliness, accuracy, availability and security of information.
- Maintain currency in field through continuing education, literature and seminars.
- Implement this knowledge into the department.
- Develop knowledge and professional skills through cross-training, literature and attendance at department meetings.
- Participate in professional associations and attend conferences and training classes as appropriate to enhance technology transfer expertise.
- Participate in improving organizational performance through recommending areas or approaches for improvement activities, performing new procedures, collecting data and providing input to department discussions.
- Ensure that work areas are organized and present a safe, accessible, effective and efficient environment for employees.
- Attend required FRED HUTCH training sessions.
- Participate in establishing job requirements and goals; perform duties at the desired level of competency.
- Provide education to personnel through structured presentations and unstructured interactions.
- Understands, adheres to and models Core Standards as defined organizationally and specifically within the department/unit. Perform other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate analytical skills as well as accuracy and attention to detail. Ability to source, research and analyze market data, and translate data into actionable information. Must possess a high level of organizational and work flow efficiency skills and be capable of working well independently. Must be computer literate and have the ability to use PC-based applications (MS Word, Excel and Access). Previous experience with data mining, analysis, and customer relations management tools preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or related discipline
- Three years of related experience, including market and/or financial analysis
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
- Biomedical, pharmaceutical, or life sciences experience
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE