We are looking for intelligent, motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Twist Bioscience Operations Team in San Francisco. TheManufacturing Technician/Associate will perform basic molecular biology workflows in a highly automated, high-thoughput manner and will be responsible for the manufacture and analysis of a variety of custom oligonucleotide products. The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast paced start-up environment. The Manufacturing Technician/Associate will be responsible for the production of custom Oligo based products and/or various intermediates according to established SOPs and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Manufacture high quality custom oligo or gene products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment and traditional lab equipment (bioanalyzers, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, HPLCs, Next Gen Sequencing etc.)
- Knowledge and use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques
- Preparation of reagents and sub assemblies for MFG processes
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
- Updating and writing work instructions and documentation
- Ability to work independently and in a safe manner
- Attention to details for process consistency
- Documentation, troubleshooting and addressing process deviations
- Packaging products
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN mfg environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep MFG on track
- Bachelors/ Associates degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry: degree preferred but will consider candidates with relevant laboratory experience
- Familiarity or prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good written and verbal skills
- Quick learner
- Good computer skills including experience with excel and word, jira, web based or similar programs
Typical Working Conditions are:
- Team based laboratory environment.
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
SHIFT: 7PM-730 am shift 12h day/ 3d /4d alt work week with 1 weekend day OR 7AM-7:30 PM shift 12h day/ 3d /4d alt work week with 1 weekend day . Depending on availability at time of hire and business needs.