We are seeking candidates interested in working for an exciting start-up company located in South San Francisco. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who thrive in a changing environment and enjoy supporting and delivering world-class products that meet both external and internal customer needs.
This is a role for someone who craves a challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering high quality products for Twist. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty should not apply.
Twist is looking for a technician with skills in reagent development and manufacturing for life science products. This individual will work closely with the R&D, Process Development, and Operations teams to develop reagents that will ultimately be utilized in the Twist manufacturing centers. The Technician will be part of a team that develops reagent manufacturing processes, formulates reagents at scale, help develop QC processes, conducts stability studies and creates manufacturing SOP’s. He/she will supply reagents to operations. This position reports to the Reagent Manufacturing Lead Scientist.
- Work with the Reagent Lead to execute experimental plans, test processing parameters and assess operational boundaries
- Maintain thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
- Collaborate with the automation team to formulate reagents in automation friendly formats
- Build reagents to scale and test according to reagent specifications
- Test reagents in the operations environment
- Set up part numbers and bills of material
- Write work instructions, SOP’s and training documents for manufacturing operators
- Train manufacturing operators on proper reagent handling and usage
- Ability to work independently and in a safe manner
- Ability to clearly communicate results in verbal and written formats
- Make Reagents and subassemblies to meet forecasted MFG Plan of Record