Title: Manufacturing Technician
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Shift: AM: 6AM to 6PM, 4-days-on, 3-days-off, 3-days-on, 4-days-off Starting on Sunday
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a hands-on Technician to join our Chip Manufacturing team. This position reports to the Chips Manufacturing Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Effectively communicates orally and in writing and demonstrates the ability to follow instructions for product assembly, processing and in process-testing.
- Ability to use, write, review and revise process documentation with accuracy and train others to new processes.
- Take on roles to ensure product quality and that quality processes are used and monitored.
- Receives no instructions on routine work and minimal instructions on new assignments.
- Perform manufacturing operations.
- Perform duties assigned by Manager.
- Assist and support engineering projects during development and transfer to production.
- Inventory monitoring, Cycle counting.
- Execute and review documents pertaining to production.
- Participate on project teams for new products as well as investigations and CAPA.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Must be safety conscious and work in a safe manner at all times, following all safety rules and standards as required.
- Must be able and willing to train other employees.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.