Responsible for executing assigned duties related to manufacturing processes in DNA Consumables Manufacturing, including Oligonucleotide, Veracode, Bead Array, and Flow Cell Manufacturing. All work must be done in accordance with the Illumina Quality System and all manufacturing, regulatory and safety requirements.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform assigned manufacturing tasks to produce high quality products on time under minimal supervision.
- Perform work order processing to complete products to inventory.
- Use laboratory tools and skills to measure and quantify materials.
- Interpret and respond to quality data.
- Comply with all requirements of the Illumina Quality System, all manufacturing, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Operation of complex automated robotic systems to manage product through a highly automated workflow.
- Operation of analytical equipment, such as pH and conductivity meters.
- Performing product QC procedures
- Performing kitting and other packaging functions.
- Assembling electro/optical/mechanical systems that require testing, calibrating, and troubleshooting of both individual components and integrated systems using Standard Operating Procedures.
- Aligning complex optical systems with aid of in-house software and instruments.
- Assembling and aligning laser based equipment, and performing functional tests of finished products.
- Mixing, storing and disposing of chemical solutions (may include hazardous material), final inspection and packaging.
- Other laboratory duties as needed.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred educational background:
- High school diploma or equivalent required, university degree preferred.
- Some college level science courses or training are a plus.
Preferred experiential background:
- 2-4 years relevant experience.
- Familiarity with standard laboratory practices.
- Communicate well with supervisor and other employees.
- Experience with SOPs, travelers, ECOs, and GMP.
- Experience with standard business software systems, including Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired through previous positions in fast-paced corporate environments which involved responsibility for similar work.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.