Pacific Biosciences is seeking a hands-on Technician to join our Surface Manufacturing team. This position reports to the Manager, Chip Manufacturing
The Ideal Candidate:
• Effectively communicates orally and in writing and demonstrates the ability to follow instructions for product assembly, processing and in-process-testing.
• Ability to use, writes, review and revise process documentation with accuracy and train others to new processes.
• Takes on roles to ensure product quality and that quality processes are used and monitored.
• Receives no instructions on routine work and minimal instructions on new assignments.
• Perform manufacturing operations
• Perform duties as assigned by Manager
• Assist and support engineering projects during development and transfer to production
• Inventory monitoring, cycle counting
• Execute and review documents pertaining to production
• Participate on project teams for new products as well as investigations and CAPA.
• Make recommendations for continuous improvement
• Must be able and willing to work overtime and weekends as required.
• Must be safety conscious and work in a safe manner at all times, following all safety rules and standards as required.
• Must be able and willing to train other employees.