Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
The Manufacturing Scheduler 2 will be a part of the Reagent Scheduling team within Reagent Manufacturing, on 1st shift (6:00 am - 2:30 pm). The Manufacturing Scheduler 2 will be scheduling the workload for the Reagent Fill/Pack group and is able to balance a high pace (and high rate of change) biotechnology production line. Collaboration with other manufacturing groups, and the planning team, is critical.
- Responsible for maintenance of daily and hourly production schedule in Reagent Manufacturing
- Distribute work assignments across work centers (Fill / Pack) to level load schedule based on equipment and personnel constraints
- Monitor actual output versus plan at the daily and hourly level
- Provide clear communication to cross-functional teams regarding issues and risks to schedule attainment
- Coordinate with Planning, Quality, Engineering, Shipping, and Manufacturing groups to deliver results
- Manage expedite requests in Reagent Fill/Pack
- Responsible for maintaining metrics for daily and hourly production output
- Some overtime and/or weekend work may be required
- Other duties as may be determined by Management
Preferred Experiential Background
- 2 - 5 years of scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in planning, production, and inventory control in a fast pace environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Advance level Excel is preferred.
- Experience with GMP regulations as they pertain to clinical diagnostic products is preferred.
- Lean MFG preferred.
- Experience with an ERP system, SAP preferred.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf