Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer with minimal side effects. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The primary responsibilities of a Manufacturing Research Technician is to provide laboratory support for manufacturing operations in a cleanroom environment.
- Stocking of laboratory supplies, staging of raw materials, and retrieving materials for use in manufacturing
- Cleaning and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment (incubators, hoods, instruments, pipettes)
- Preparation of buffer solutions and media
- Assisting with ordering and shipping/receiving
- Assisting with GMP manufacturing operations
- Assisting in the completion of GMP paperwork by assembling documents and obtaining signatures
- Delivering/retrieving samples to other labs and locations near campus
Bachelor's or Associates Degree in a biological science with 2-3 years experience working in a laboratory environment.
Additional requirements of the position include:
- Basic knowledge of math and usage of common laboratory equipment
- Computer skills including work with spreadsheet programs (Excel) and word processing (Word).
- Able to communicate, read, and write legibly in English.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and the ability to stand continuously in a cleanroom environment for at least 2 hours.
- Detail oriented with the ability to complete written and verbally assigned tasks.
- Ability to interact constructively with peers and support groups.
- Ability to work evening and weekend shifts as required.
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2261863-2647-6921