The Manufacturing Chemist efficiently produces high quality materials for use in IDT's production labs.
- Monitors inventory of the group effectively; utilizing the ERP system.
- Follows the current processes for manufacturing, storage and transportation methods.
- Adheres to current RCRA and hazardous material DOT regulations and follows hazardous material spill response protocols.
- Gathers, interprets and analyzes oligo data.
- Ensures materials are prepared in a timely fashion.
- Changes and dispenses materials for production, as necessary.
- Participates in customer and regulatory audits, as necessary.
- Maintains accurate and detailed product, process, instrument and training records.
- Adheres to all departmental protocols, rules, contamination controls, and safety procedures and understands the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and ISO 14001.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Department/Group Specific Essential Functions:
- Utilizes a full face respirator, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a science related field or an Associate's degree with at least 2 years of IDT experience required.
Other Job Qualifications
- Ability to operate job related equipment including the use of basic computer programs and systems to effectively carry out the duties of the position
- Knowledge of basic Chemistry
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling procedures and protocols
- Skill to gather, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to complete repetitive tasks efficiently and consistently
- Adaptability to performing under stress when confronted with emergent, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or situation in which working speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the job.
- Adaptability to performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Adaptability to accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
- Adaptability to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards.
- Adaptability to perform repetitive work or to perform continuously the same work, according to set procedures sequence or pace.
Integrated DNA Technologies is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.