Programmable DNA, the software of life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Twist Bioscience Operations Team in South San Francisco. The Manufacturing Associate will perform basic molecular biology workflows in a highly automated, high-throughput manner and will be responsible for the manufacture and analysis of a variety of custom gene products across Twist Bioscience’s proprietary process workflow to meet the Twist production forecast and timelines.
The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast paced start-up environment. The Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for the production of custom gene based products and/or various intermediates according to established SOPs and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule.
Include but are not limited to:
- Manufacture of high quality custom gene products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment (Hamiltons and similar systems) and traditional lab equipment (bioanalyzers, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, HPLCs, Next Gen Sequencing etc.)
- Knowledge and use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques
- Preparation of reagents and sub assemblies for MFG processes
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
- Updating and writing work instructions and documentation
- Ability to work independently and in a safe manner
- Attention to details for process consistency
- Documentation, troubleshooting and addressing process deviations
- Packaging products
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN MFG environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep MFG on track
SHIFT 2B: Wednesday - Saturday/Thursday- Saturday 7PM-730AM 12h day/3d/4d alt work week with 1 weekend day. The incumbent will be required to work this night shift; the incumbent will start on day shift until training is complete before transitioning to night shift. Those who prefer day shifts should not apply.