Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world. We are planning a rapid scale-up and need to develop an excellent supply chain team in order to make it happen. We need a passionate, highly skilled, and strong team player to stabilize the shipping and receiving aspects for our production team. The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be able to work closely with team members of Twist Operations.
Scope of Position:
Based out of our South San Francisco lab, this role will be responsible for a broad range of Production and Supply Chain duties, including receiving, shipping, material transfers, cycle counting, and reordering inventory. Twist is a startup business and requires a sharp, flexible person that can easily adapt to its changing needs as we scale up our processes and systems. This person will develop and continuously improve processes and procedures to ensure accurate material transactions and inventory balances. The ideal candidate will collaborate effectively with R&D, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance teams to assure the optimal service level and compliance.
Failure to perform the essential functions of this job may lead to or result in; poor customer satisfaction, interruptions of the production schedule, and reduced efficiency of the R&D, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive materials from carriers, transact into the system, and label.
- Deliver materials to designated inventory locations or to end-users.
- Issue inventory material out of the system as it exits its designated location.
- Count and reorder materials in each lab. Monitor on time replenishment.
- Perform physical inventory and cycle counts. Resolve discrepancies and drive preventive action.
- Maintain a clean, highly organized, and clearly labeled stockroom.
- Ship finished product to customers globally.
- Develop and continuously improve processes and procedures associated with all material control steps.
- Resolve discrepancies between PO and product delivered.
- Remove lab waste promptly and in compliance with safety requirements.
- Assist other members of the Supply Chain team, as required.
Shift Details: Monday - Friday 9am-5:30pm.