We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Twist Bioscience Operations Team in San Francisco. The Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for the manufacture of oligonucleotides for downstream processing and QC testing using Twist Bioscience’s proprietary process workflow and to meet the Twist production forecast and timelines.
The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep DNA synthesis manufacturing on track in a fast paced start-up environment. The Manufacturing Associate will produce oligos and perform QC testing on those oligos according to established SOPs and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule. The ideal candidate will work independently, be very neat and organized, have basic knowledge and operation of equipment used in DNA synthesis, contribute to process improvement and documentation, and communicate effectively with peers and management. Knowledge of good laboratory practices (GLPs) is important. The Candidate must be comfortable working in a LEAN manufacturing/controlled laboratory environment.
Include but are not limited to:
- Manufacture high quality custom gene products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Maintain thorough, accurate and detailed documentation/databases of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations.
- Operation of automated equipment used to synthesize DNA
- Operation of automated liquid handling equipment.
- Familiar with DNA phosphoramidites and mixing with solvents
- Moisture testing phosphoramidites
- Keen observation and aptitude to proactively identify production problems/solutions, provide solutions on lab techniques, protocols, processes, handling of product and equipment
- Upholding standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
- Continuous improvement and good time management resulting in efficiency
- Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using supplies wisely. Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times
- Work in a safe manner
- Maintenance and calibration of select lab equipment
- Analytical characterization of DNA synthesis products
SHIFT: 7PM-730 am shift 12h day/3d/4d alt work week with 1 weekend day. The incumbent will be required to work this night shift; the incumbent will start on day shift until training is complete before transitioning to night shift. Those who prefer day shifts should not apply.