Job Title: Manufacturing Associate 2, Sequencing Operations
Reports To: Supervisor, Sequencing Operations
Location: Mountain View, CA
Complete Genomics is currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join its Sequencing Operations team. This position provides an opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and contribute to CGI’s goal of improving human health by providing genomic information to understand, prevent, diagnose, and treat diseases and conditions. As a member of the CGI Sequencing Operations group, the position will support Compete Genomics’ next generation processes for whole genome sequencing. The successful candidate will operate sequencing instruments, manage data, troubleshoot, and maintain the operation in a 24/7/365 fashion using various proprietary and nonproprietary tools.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow standard operating procedures to perform daily production processes of sequencing operations, primarily running the sequencing instruments and other laboratory equipment, and all associated administrative tasks, including record keeping and documentation.
- Monitor sequencing instrument status, lab performance and sequencing data on a daily basis during assigned shift. Communicate issues and failures as necessary to the appropriate parties.
- General lab duties, such as restocking supplies and maintaining inventory.
- Monitor and report safety and facilities issues to appropriate parties.
- Communicate with related manufacturing teams to coordinate QC runs and material supply/demand.
- Execute on and assist in the development of process instructions that ensure accuracy, throughput, and quality.
- Use specialized, technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure we are within operating parameters. Will actively participate in troubleshooting and variable identification for specific processes or activities as assigned.
- Individual will be required to identify, communicate and participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Work with the team to communicate goals, collaborate on initiatives and deliver on key performance indicators.
- Will utilize various manufacturing systems and applications for performing work duties, including LIMS and other proprietary software.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.