Affymetrix, now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific
Tissue Culture Associate I
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to fill a position in our Manufacturing department, as a Tissue Culture Associate I. The Ideal candidate will be responsible for Antibody Production by use of the Tissue Culture Method in Manufacturing. These methods include Roller Bottle Production and Wave Bioreactor Production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned.):
Functions will be performed according to written standard operating procedures (SOPs) appropriate to Tissue Culture of company products. Work in a timely and efficient manner to produce a quality product.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Learn department policies and procedures per departmental SOP
* Complete assigned work order and secure necessary documents
* Prepare and initiate all prep work and documents for assigned work order under supervision
* Follow all departmental guidelines and procedures
* Thaw and maintain cells under supervision
* Freeze cells as necessary under supervision
* Learn the necessary equipment associated with the job under supervision
* Input data into the database
* Maintain lab supply inventory and re-order as necessary
* Prepare Tissue Culture Medium as necessary
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor
* A High School diploma, preferably a BA/BS degree in Biology or Equivalent Experience
* 0 - 3 years experience in a related field, preferably manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Tissue Culture Research Associate I ideally will have experience in a variety of areas to support the business objectives:
* Excellent working knowledge of computers
* Excellent laboratory mathematical skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Must work in a multidisciplinary team environment
* Great team player
* Well organized and detail oriented
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Affymetrix, now part of Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability