Manager, Web & Digital Media
PacBio is seeking an individual with a passion for digital marketing to manage our corporate website (www.pacb.com), the key marketing platform for the company. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in managing B2B websites, evolving usability/design, driving web traffic/conversions and interpreting analytics to continuously improve performance.
This hands-on role is responsible for the management of a variety of digital marketing projects to support the sales cycle of our products, including: set-up and maintenance of SEO/SEM program, web content management & optimization, and marketing automation. This position will also partner with others on our team to integrate the website with Pardot & Salesforce.com, expand our social media reach, and assist with development of online tools (video, calculators, etc.) to support marketing objectives.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing Communications, this position will provide strategic guidance to the organization on new marketing media and emerging online (web and mobile) marketing and selling technologies.
With a focus on customer service, this position will play a critical role in communicating with various departments to ensure they understand the latest offerings/best practices within digital marketing. This role will also interface closely with IT, manage a direct report and manage external service providers, as needed.
The position requires strong decision-making, relationship management and influence skills, and a proven ability to think strategically. In addition, the individual will need to be an excellent communicator (both oral and written), as they will be required to interact frequently with a diverse group of internal and vendor stakeholders.
• Maintain and improve website to support marketing goals and objectives, continuously recommending improvements based on best practices and emerging technologies
• Define, document, communicate and continually evolve all critical website operations processes, ensuring awareness and adherence among internal and external (vendor) stakeholders
• Oversee search engine optimization and search engine marketing strategies to create and execute programs that drive web traffic and conversions
• Utilize expertise with Web and social media analytics tools and analysis: developing monthly reports, identifying trends, measuring the effectiveness of our content strategy, providing insight, and making strategic recommendations for actionable findings and improvements
• Manage and oversee marketing automation program, providing strategic direction and mentoring to one employee
• Influence and educate the wider corporate marketing organization to adopt and deploy new marketing media and emerging online (web and mobile) marketing and selling tactics/technologies
• Interface with IT to determine infrastructure needs and budget accordingly