Hologic is seeking a Scientific Affairs Manager responsible for managing the Scientific Affairs function through the design and implementation of external research evaluations and development of scientific communication plans.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cultivate and support key opinion leaders and assist in the development of technical educational programs, and execution of scientific advisory committees.
- Provide customer support and serve as liaison to professional societies, internal clinical affairs and marketing departments.
- Manage full scope of studies, taking responsibility for paperwork & timelines, scientific budget, protocol development, analysis of scientific data and preparation of scientific publications
- Organize and conduct pre- and post-launch scientific marketing and clinical evaluation studies for new Hologic products or for new indications for existing products and products in development
- Act as a cross functional liaison to ensure study plans align with marketing strategies.
- Maintain relationships internally and with external research collaborators and development partners.
- Develop and implement publication planning in support of support Phase II, III, and IV clinical development and commercialization goals.
- Performs literature searches, translates primary literature into understandable format for sales force, prepares literature sentinels Write or direct scientific writers to produce scientific publications and abstracts to promote products.
- Direct presentations and writing of scientific publications by key opinion leaders to promote products and new uses of existing products.
- Active participation at international/national congresses/workshops, conducts satellite symposia and advisory board meetings, gives oral presentations, provides scientifically related sales support at KOL/customer sites
- Manage speaker bureaus of external speakers, as needed.
- Serve as liaison to key opinion leaders, networks and external consultants in our primary market areas.
- Provides scientific trainings for sales force/marketing/other departments/ customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned.