Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
This individual will work closely with the Director, Scientific Education to develop and implement therapeutic area medical education plan(s) effectively and compliantly. The individual will work cross-functionally with identified partners to manage short and long term priorities according to established business needs.
Bachelor’s degree required; scientific and/or medical discipline preferred. Minimum 3-5 years medical education experience preferred. Hematology/oncology and/or Inflammation/immunology experience desired. Experience in the pharmaceutical industry required.
Responsibilities will also include, but are not limited to, the following
1. Annual development of disease specific medical education plan(s) including identification of educational gaps and assessment of needs and evaluation of outcomes data with significant managerial support.
2. Monthly review and assessment of grant funding requests based upon identified educational needs and in accordance with company policy and in alignment with educational strategy. Track budget in collaboration with grant coordinators.
3. Monitor selected programs from those funded and identify key data or compliance issues
4. Analyze and report educational outcomes from funded and completed programs through outcomes database.
5. Monitor appropriate overall metrics and effectiveness measures and communicate results to internal stakeholders.
6. Able to represent medical education at cross-functional meetings and identify and present important information or concepts to provide timely information to the team.
- A strong foundation in CME, principles of adult learning, and education outcomes assessment.
- Demonstrates understanding of adult learning and educational design principles and can develop medical education plans.
- Ability to understand disease biology and therapeutics and ability to interpret clinical data in the therapeutic areas of hematology/oncology and/or immunology and inflammation.
- Proficient verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills (baseline Microsoft Office and relevant database and IT systems)
- Ability to prioritize projects and demonstrate subsequent time management
- Applies sound judgment and innovative thinking to solve problems and make timely business decisions including triage to appropriate internal stake holders
- Strong knowledge of OIG, FDA , PhRMA Code on Interactions with Healthcare Professionals and Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education guidelines for commercial support.
- Travel required.
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Req ID: 15001620
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Warren
Job: Medical Affairs
Organization: Celgene Corporation
Employee Status: Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting: 2015-10-22 00:00:00.0
Database, Education, Engineering, Healthcare, Hematology, Immunology, Management, Manager, Medical, Medical Technologist, Oncology, Pharmaceutical, Science, Scientific, Technologyuf