Asuragen is a fast-growing molecular diagnostics company that is using genomics to drive better patient management through best-in-class clinical testing solutions. The Company enlists a breadth of technologies and talent to discover, develop and commercialize diagnostic products and services with efficiency and flexibility for internal projects and our bio/pharma partners. As Supply Chain Manager, you will lead all aspects of materials management in the procurement, planning and warehousing of both raw and finished goods in support of Asuragen’s regulated and non-regulated value streams.
This is a “roll-up your sleeves” organization where everyone is encouraged to take initiative and deliver solutions to drive the business. Those who join Asuragen feel a sense of ownership about their future. As part of the operations leadership team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring we have efficient and effective systems and processes in place to deliver the highest quality products and services to our customers. The ideal candidate will demonstrate core competencies in supply chain management via effective utilization of an ERP system, driving the highest levels of quality, cost control, and efficiencies.
- Lead staff and manage the activities associated with materials management including planning, warehousing raw and finished goods, packaging, filling, labeling, inventory control, shipping and receiving.
- Manage the implementation and daily activities of the QAD ERP system.
- Write and maintain departmental policies, procedures and documents consistent with a cGMP environment.
- Follow applicable regulations and approved internal processes, practices and procedures to insure that FDA and ISO regulations and quality system standards are met.
- Support disposition of non-conforming materials, working with Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Manufacturing and suppliers to resolve discrepancies, agree to disposition and obtain signatures on NCR forms.
- Generate timely and accurate performance metrics and trends; identify opportunities for continuous performance improvement.
- Provide written and verbal reports and presentations to senior management as required.
- Recognize problems, analyze and recommend solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for all purchasing activities including negotiating and executing supply agreements to purchase materials, equipment and supplies from qualified vendors.
- Monitor raw material and supplier performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Evaluate sources that can provide essential goods and services to support the Company’s needs.
- Maintain purchasing information in QAD ERP. Includes maintaining forecast(s), establishing safety stock levels, maintaining cost accuracy, and creating/ maintaining multiple Bills of Material.
- Review cycle count and physical inventory data and support reconciliation, as needed. Respond accordingly with purchasing activities.
- Represent the Supply Chain function in the Manufacturing Management Team Meetings.
- Work with purchasing and supply staff to ensure component availability for planned production needs and delivery schedules.
- Ownership of master production schedule, manage discrete work order environment to ensure production control and adequate planned production to meet all customer demands.
- Track key work-orders through the manufacturing process to ensure completion; provide status updates to customers as necessary; acts as key customer contact from a customer service perspective.
- Utilize ERP system (QAD) for work order management, production scheduling, component availability management, and inventory control.
- Act as single point of contact for all supply chain related aspects within a value stream.
- Perform key data analysis for customer demand, production attainment, and on-time customer deliveries as needed.