SUMMARY: Mount Sinai is seeking a motivated Manager to join our CT sequencing team in a high complexity laboratory testing facility. With minimal supervision, the Sequencing Manager will oversee a team of Associate Researchers as they construct NGS libraries and operate a fleet of sequencers using automated methods. The Sequencing Manager will also draft SOPs, contribute to and execute assay validation test plans, drive technology development, and set the production schedule in a CLIA-certified diagnostic laboratory.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Oversee and contribute to generation of large, multiplexed pools of amplicons and
libraries from isolated gDNA using automated methods in a diagnostic laboratory
* Ensure accurate and timely entry of sample information into Laboratory Information
Management System (LIMS).
* Oversee and develop library construction and Next Generation Sequencing protocols
using automated methods and perform Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
* Using established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), oversee library handling,
tracking, and storage.
* Use a keen attention to detail to maintain sample integrity and identification throughout
* Strict adherence to local, regulatory, and quality management guidelines to ensure full
* Help guide technology transfer from MSSM R&D into production environment.
* Train new hires.