The Manager will provide support for Amicus Medical Affairs in the US. This individual will facilitate the cross-functional preparation, implementation and facilitation of projects related to HCP engagement activities in US Medical Affairs.
The Manager will also assist with various project activities, primarily medical advisory boards and symposia, in support of project initiation, planning, execution and completion. This includes support of project timelines, Copy Review Board (CRB) submissions, Needs Assessment Form (NAF) completion and submission, tracking, status reporting, project communication, information gathering, coordination and facilitation of meetings, tracking and resolution of issues, and tracking risks and resources. The Manager will plan and manage projects or sub-projects under the general direction of their respective medical director, medical communication leader or other Medical Affairs representative.
The Manager is responsible for development of key reports/dashboards and will need to proactively distribute to respective stakeholders. The Manager will also need to support and coordinate the development of training materials and other scientific communications that support the work of the Medical Affairs team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintains advisory board / medical meeting documentation as necessary in project files (including but not limited to overall budget management, compliance approvals, and legal contracts); manages vendors working on meetings and advisory boards from vendor selection through final deliverable.
- Partner with the strategy, marketing, and medical teams to share key insights gained from advisory boards and help ensure pull through into brand and tactical planning.
- Supports the development, maintenance, and monitoring of project and program plans, budgeting, and tracking of milestones. This includes project timelines, budgets, and plans for project quality, resources, communications and risks
- Supports the preparation of metrics and status reports, and present information to organizational leadership, program teams and other groups
- Maintains ongoing relationship with compliance, legal and finance to ensure the current processes for the US are followed and properly conducted; this includes working with Compliance to address any gaps in the process
- Coordinates and facilitates meetings
- May be asked to assist with sponsored research projects as required
- Assists with the monitoring, quality, and compliance of Medical programs and reporting of medical deliverables and presents those findings to key business stakeholders and internal Medical leadership
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in scientific discipline
- Advanced degree, Masters degree or higher in a scientific discipline
- Project Management methodologies a plus (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, PMP certification, etc.)
- Previous experience working in Medical Affairs
- Demonstrated ability to implement projects of strategic importance from conception to high quality deliverable
- 2+ years' of project management experience within the biopharma industry
- 3+ years' of pharma or biotech experience
Experience and Skills
- Experience managing complex projects with team members in multiple locations;
- Experience managing both internal resources and external contractors/vendors
- Managing projects within budget
- Demonstrated success in delivering projects on time with client satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Exercises foresight and judgment in making complex decisions
- Acts independently with good judgment, when needed
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- Flexibility, the ability to adapt to changing project scope and direction
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Competency in Microsoft Project, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong meeting facilitation skills and experiences