This position will lead projects related to the development and integration of FFA and reporting solutions, enhancement of existing platforms/tools, IT applications project management, vendor management and process improvement. In addition, will work independently, collaborating with internal stakeholders to complete analyses and develop recommendations on the US Medical Affairs Budget including tracking and reporting.
This position reports to the Associate Director/Director/Sr. Director, Medical Affairs (MA) Operations. Interacts daily with Medical Affairs Leadership Team, internal counterparts in other Novo Nordisk departments including CMR, IT, Biopharm. Additionally, this role will work in close collaboration with, and utilize inputs from, cost center owners and key stakeholders involved in the budget and planning process, as well as partner with the US Finance group.
FIELD FORCE AUTOMATION (FFA) & BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI):
• Guide, research, track and ensure follow through on strategic issues and projects related to FFA and BI Tools for Medical Affairs.
• Ensure objectives, outcomes, metrics and timeframes are in place for key projects related to FFA systems.
• Utilize project planning principles to ensure projects are flawlessly executed and sustainable.
• May lead project teams to keep them informed of project status, including any barriers • Identify business needs and recommends value-added solutions to optimize opportunities for Medical Affairs FFA and BI solutions, with management support as needed.
• Ensure project work is well coordinated with, and complementary to, the ongoing business activity of the Medical Affairs Department.
• May facilitate collaboration among necessary stakeholders when making decisions and developing strategic plans.
• Provides partnership and support to cross-functional business leaders and stakeholders regarding FFA & BI processes, solutions and initiatives to achieve business objectives.
• Promotes and gains support for ideas by establishing clear, positive links between ideas and key business needs, with management support as needed.
• Leads development of new FFA platforms and maintains system life-cycle of existing technologies utilized by Medical Affairs.
• Creates (and presents when needed) training materials for implementation of Medical Affairs tools.
• Utilizes technical expertise to continuously improve and support Medical Affairs FFA and BI tools and systems.
• Designs and oversees execution of Medical Affairs reports to aid Senior Management in strategic decision making.
• Liaise between Medical Affairs stakeholders and IT solution providers, including internal and external vendors.
• Proactively monitors systems and processes to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures, audit compliance and industry best practices.
• Analyzes financial data and monitors the execution of expenditures against the operating plan, partnering with cost center/project owners to make adjustments when necessary and ensure amounts and timing are current and accurate.
• Assists department in meeting the balanced scorecard requirements by continuously monitoring the budget status.
• Coordinates the financial project planning process through direct interaction with supported project owners.
• Ensures Medical Affairs budget is developed and managed in line with organizational expectation, including the development of appropriate project budgets, with management support as needed.
• Ensures the validity of the data (planned, actual) within the financial systems (SAP and BW) and confirms project estimates are updated
• Evaluates budget input and phasing for the reallocation of funds, with management support as needed.
• Prepares BW/SAP queries, the Rolling Estimate (RE) and Anchor Budget (AB) process as required.
• Prepares Project Summary reports and other ad hoc reports of Projects Planned, including Actual vs. Budget spend.
• Validates projects against Statements of Work (SOW), contracts, and supporting documents to ensure funding levels, due dates, contract compliance and authorizations.
• Works with cost centers to facilitate the accrual process and meets with designated cost center/project owners to prepare month-end accruals journal entries.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• A Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible related experience with at least 2 in the pharmaceutical /healthcare industry.
• Advanced Proficiency at Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word software applications and overall advanced computer skills required.
• Articulate, goal-oriented, with high integrity and strong ethics.
• Continually focused on process improvement, innovation, and bottom-line results.
• Demonstrated end-to-end project management capability with experience managing strategic projects involving multiple stakeholders.
• Highly proficient in the use of FFA and reporting systems.
• Proven track record of strong team work, innovation, and project management and strong analytical skills.
• Strong IT SDLC and business relevance understanding. Vendor management experience.
• The ability to interact with multiple departments to meet needs of various internal stakeholders
• Understanding of Pharma and FDA guidelines pertinent to interactions with consulting physician, and legal and regulatory environment of pharmaceutical industry.
Department CMR - FMA OPERATIONS (1)
Position Location US - Princeton, NJ
State/Provinces US - NJ
Degree Required Bachelor's Degree Required
Percent Travel 0 - 10%
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segments: Medical, Operations Manager, Operations, Consulting, ERP, Healthcare, Technology