Manager, Field Applications Scientist (FAS) – West Coast, United States
Pacific Biosciences™ is seeking a Manager, Field Applications Scientist (FAS) with a strong customer focus to support installations, training, validation and implementation of SMRT™ sequencing technology with the Sequel & Sequel II instrumentation.
The ability to communicate with your team, customers, marketing, internal support and development, and disseminate results to diverse audiences are important aspects of this role. In addition, pre-sales and post-sales activities will be conducted in conjunction with our Sales organization.
This individual will be working in a fast-paced commercial environment. This includes interacting with customers as well as other scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds. This individual is a partner to the customer in the understanding and analysis of data derived through the use of our 3rd generation sequencing platform.
The position will be based on the West Coast area of the United States. The candidate must live near an international airport.
- Manage a growing team of Field Application Specialists across the western half of the US
- Hire and oversee the onboarding, training, and career advancement of new Field Application Scientists
- Continue to drive best in class support from the PacBio FAS team
- Mentor and coach team members on training, presentation skills and troubleshooting
- Assist customers in designing and conducting experiments to effectively utilize the Sequel & Sequel II instrument in their laboratories
- Assist Technical sales in driving adoption and use of PacBio products and applications.
- Work with Technical Support team to provide timely technical and application assistance in response to customer inquiries
- Work with Account Managers to identify business opportunities, understand customer research needs and position appropriate PacBio products and solutions
- Assist Sales and Marketing teams in conducting scientific presentations
- Work with Market Development team to define/develop models for competitive positioning of Single Molecule Sequencing Real-Time (SMRT™) technology
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers and key opinion leaders in assigned territory
- Be a customer-minded individual with the empathy to understand customer concerns
- Able to efficiently problem-solve and overcome technical challenges in the field
- Team player who can effectively integrate internal and field-based activities across functions to support customer requirements
- Assist in the development of technical documentation and training presentations
- Provide scientific and applications feedback to R&D, Product Marketing, and Sales teams
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.