All About Us
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. We are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives.
We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Our revenue grew from $10 million in 2002 to approximately $2.2 billion in 2015. Our growth isn’t just revenue, we’ve been hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies list three years running, including #1 in 2014. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you – imagine the possibilities.
Engineering Manager (Change Management)
This person will join a dynamic, fast paced organization supporting both new product development teams and on market commercial operations. The person in this role is responsible for developing and managing a team that performs MES modeling, BOM management, documentation and labeling control in a regulated environment.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Influence corporate change management policies and procedures, in alignment with corporate initiatives and values.
- Ensure execution to change management processes in assurance of consistent execution and error proof results.
- Manage personnel and functions responsible for MES modeling, material configuration, document creation, and ongoing change practices for each.
- Engage New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to align requirements and establish initiatives to achieve planned results.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, relative to GMP manufacturing requirements and expectations, and drive project based initiatives to achieve pre-defined results.
- Define and implement corrective and preventive measures (e.g. CAPA) based on audit results and/or process evaluations.
- Demonstrate effective communication style working with all levels of organizational structure, through multiple departments, and across global sites.
- Identify, execute, and support process improvement initiatives of varying complexity engaging global, cross-functional support.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Requires at least a Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience and related experience in a GMP environment required
- Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) experience, SAP desirable
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485 and cGMP requirements strongly desired
- Personnel management and project management experience is required.
- Technical background in manufacturing, preferably in a life sciences, diagnostic, and/or medical device environment
- Working knowledge of applicable federal requirements, and international standards for medical device, pharmaceutical, or in-vitro diagnostics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong data analysis skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Knowledge and skills typically acquired through previous positions in fast-paced corporate environments which involved responsibility for similar work.
- Talent Acquisition activities which include identifying needs of the department, justification for budget to fill positions, coordinating with HR to market the position, review resumes, conduct interviews and identify and recommend a candidate as the potential hire, and employee orientation to the department and company.
- Talent Development activities which include developing training plans with employees to ensure they have the necessary expertise to successfully perform their jobs, provide ongoing guidance to employees, and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers
- Job Role Definition ensures that job descriptions accurately record the primary responsibilities, qualifications and terms for each job role in their group
- Performance Management activities include setting performance standards, ensuring employees have appropriate and realistic job goals, providing ongoing feedback about employees’ performance, conducting performance appraisals, including assessing how the employees have performed and how they can improve their performance, developing performance improvement plans if employees’ performance is not adequate and providing rewards for employee accomplishments.
- At higher levels of management, establishing and distributing budgets among departments is required.
- Ensure employees follow all applicable company policies and procedures
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.