SUMMARY: Mount Sinai is seeking a motivated Manager to supervise a team of responsible for both sample processing and accessioning of clinical samples in a high complexity laboratory testing facility in CT. With minimal supervision, the Manager will also direct DNA extraction activities in a high-throughput, dynamic, and fast-paced team environment. The Manager will also adhere to and draft SOPs in a CLIA-certified diagnostic laboratory employing DNA sequencing technologies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage the tracking and information assignment of specimens using a Laboratory
Information Management System (LIMS).
* Oversee and perform nucleic acid extractions on clinical specimens using automated
methods for downstream Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis.
* Draft and ensure adherence to established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), maintain and oversee sample handling, labeling, and storage.
* Use a keen attention to detail to ensure specimen integrity and identification is maintained throughout entire workflow.
* Strict adherence to local, regulatory, and quality management guidelines to ensure full
* Train new hires.