Manager/ Director, Business Development - Genomics
Location: Bay Area
Seeking a west-coast based growth-oriented business development leader to identify, evaluate and execute transformative collaborations, partnerships and deals across synthetic biology, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, and agriculture industries.
- Sources and qualifies opportunities with companies not currently served by client. Actively works networking contacts, professional affiliations, industry groups and thought leaders to identify and target key companies.
- Opportunistically identify transformative new business at existing customers, developing a pipeline and closing business with prospective customers. Proactively establish new contacts, develop and maintain relationships and work all levels of the organization to build sales pipeline.
- Defines, articulates and leads business development opportunities including presentation of prospect summaries and their scientific, commercial and financial value drivers. Rapidly identifies and communicates the business levers that define winning and losing.
- Builds, fosters and maintains customer relationships that enhance client’s position as a leader in synthetic biology
- Coordinates and collaborates with Product Applications, R&D and Manufacturing teams to develop deliverables and specifications.
- Monitors competitive activity and trends within territory and industry, sharing information with sales and marketing.