The Manager, Component Specialist Engineering Team, is the recognized technical expert of an assigned critical component of Cepheid's product line. This person will lead and manage a team responsible for a variety of specialized engineering and technical duties related to the assigned area of specialization, including:
- Part designs and specifications
- Mold development and qualification
- Associated process development
- Automation related to the parts and process
- Testing procedures and requirements.
- On-going production support and troubleshooting related to parts
- Develop project priorities and objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determine project responsibilities within the technical team by identifying project phases and elements and assigning personnel to phases and elements.
- Manage the resources within the technical team to ensure that all team responsibilities/deliverables are met.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Drive accountability to ensure highest quality output from all team contributors.
- Work to develop and nurture a high-performing technical team.
Contribute to manufacturing excellence by improving product reliability and quality while reducing scraps/cost.