Primary responsibility includes developing new and maintaining existing laboratory automation methods as well as supporting a custom Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for a clinical next generation sequencing (NGS) pipeline.
- Develop new and support existing LIMS enabled automation methods in a clinical laboratory
- Utilize laboratory automation and LIMS to improve processes and or implement new processes to make laboratory more efficient
- Maintain and support a custom LIMS system for a clinical next generation sequencing (NGS) pipeline
- Design and execute validation plans for new LIMS and automation scripts
- Develop databases and web portals for result retrieval and visual display
- Follow best practices: issue tracking, source code control, and document management