Cures Start Here .
At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch's pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation's first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women's Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network.
Careers Start Here.
The Seattle VTU is a clinical trial center focused on vaccine research for infectious diseases including HIV and Malaria. We conduct phase I, II, and III clinical trials designed to test the safety and efficacy of vaccines. Located on Capitol Hill, the VTU is a joint research program between the FHCRC and the University of Washington. Since 1987, the Seattle VTU has worked with local community members who are interested in participating in vaccine clinical trials and has provided infectious disease education to the local community. As a clinical trial unit, the VTU is responsible for the recruitment, selection, and enrollment of local volunteers, immunization and clinical monitoring of the clinical trial participants, and manages follow-up care for trial participants.
We are looking for an hourly (estimate 20 - 30 hours/week)/Temporary LPN for a period of about 3 months.
The primary focus of the role is to provide clinical support to the Clinical Research Nurse/Physician including:
2. IV insertions/removal and monitoring - inlcuding set up.
3. Vital signs such as blood pressure, body temp, weight, pulse, etc.
4. Assist with appropriate source documentation, and case report forms. Assist with compilation and presentation of status reports to Principal Investigator (PI), clinical research team, and sponsors.
5. Other clinical/research support proceedures as needed.
*All proceedures are required to be performed per the scope of study protocol(s) and clinical research guidelines.
- Washington State certified LPN.
- A minimum of one year of clinical experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in clinical data collection is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including computer skills, proficiency with MS Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint are essential.
- Some evening work may also be requested.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to youth, racial, ethnic, cultural, and sexual diversity is essential.
To apply for this position, please CLICK HERE