The incumbent acts as a polite and courteous representative of the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assists in the delivery of patient care under the direction and supervision of the LPN supervisor of Specimen Collection and the Senior Manager of The Alliance Laboratory.
- Performs phlebotomy via venipuncture, through central venous catheter, PIC catheter, and accessed Portacaths.
- Performs limited clinical assessment & triage.
- Participates in annual flu vaccination clinic and SCCA wide infection control triage program.
- Participates and assists as needed with SCCA Emergent Care Response teams.
- Works efficiently to minimize patient wait times.
- Participates where required in Quality Improvement & Quality Assurance programs for the SCCA and Alliance Laboratory.
- Promotes and maintains effective communication with patients, clients, coworkers and SCCA & Alliance Partner colleagues.
- Promotes and maintains an environment which supports the right to privacy for patients and staff and maintains patient information, patient records, and SCCA strategic - plans in a confidential manner.
- The incumbent works with limited supervision in performing daily work responsibilities
- Current Washington State licensure in good standing
- Current healthcare provider BLS
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and as a team member required
- Flexible schedule and availability preferred
If interested, please apply online at http://track.tmpservice.com/ApplyClick.aspx?id=2195062-2647-2921