Purpose of the Position: Identify and develop new products related to nucleic acid extraction, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and other genomic workflows. Plan, coordinate, and perform the design and development of genomic reagents and customer solutions. For additional information about Beckman Coulter Life Science Genomics R&D, visit:https://www.beckmancoulter.com/wsrportal/wsr/research-and-discovery/products-and-services/nucleic-acid-sample-preparation/index.htm Summary:PhD-level molecular biologist. We are looking for an experienced scientist with excellent bench and leadership skills. Must have extensive experience in nucleic acid methods, such as extractions, PCR, and NGS. Creative problem solvers that love complex puzzles and have demonstrated success in thinking outside the box to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems. Must be a strong team player with ability to partner effectively with large internal teams, cross-functional experts, external collaborators, and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create innovative reagent kits and research products to meet customer needs
- Experimental design, execution, analysis and documentation to support new product development
- Define and translate new product requirements into product designs and performance specifications.
- Develop technical solutions to product design and performance issues.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to achieve project objectives and deliver timely innovative solutions to meet business needs
- Provide subject matter expertise to support the development of the strategic plan and funnel of new product opportunities.
- Work with Program Manager to support daily management of project timelines to enable accurate projection of milestone completion dates and effective prioritization of tasks