We have an opening for an experienced group leader who can bring their knowledge of bioinformatics and software delivery to lead and mentor our team of talented bioinformatics engineers and scientists. The successful candidate will lead a growing team that is building robust infrastructure, sophisticated computational biology algorithms and bioinformatics analysis capabilities. We use agile design and implementation practices coupled with the careful validation and documentation required in a clinical environment. At Invitae we thrive by combining the best ideas and practices from molecular biology, bioinformatics, genetics, and clinical testing to improve healthcare for everyone. Working with us will give you an opportunity to use your technical skills to do real and tangible good -- impacting the lives of patients, families, and future generations to come.
- Provides leadership and mentorship for our analysis pipeline and bioinformatics group (6-8 members)
- Helps define strategic vision for computational biology and bioinformatics at Invitae.
- Works across Invitae to provide bioinformatics support for new assays, analysis methods and pipelines.
- Hiring a world-class bioinformatics engineering team.
- Helps set guidance for best software practices for the pipeline and bioinformatics team and contributes to leadership across the software team.
- Senior contributor for algorithms, validation work, and pipeline design