Ambry Genetics, a rapidly growing genomics and genetic testing company at the forefront of innovative science with a tremendous focus of client care. Our highly collaborative team is seeking a Lead Scientist to work in the Research & Development department. This employee will report to the VP of R&D and is responsible for guiding and supervising a wide range of efforts to apply the latest technologies in sequencing and molecular genetics to develop and validate new clinical diagnostic assays related to disease progression and prediction of treatment response with minimum supervision. This position will also be responsible for leading and coordinating internal and external research collaborations, and supporting clinical laboratory operations. The position requires working in close partnerships across various functions including Research and Development, Bioinformatics, IT Development, Preclinical Validations, Clinical Operations, Regulatory, Laboratory Management, Reporting, Medical Affairs, Marketing, and Warehouse Operations. This is an excellent opportunity for an independent, creative, service-oriented individual looking to make a difference in a dynamic organization.
- Develop, validate and update clinical diagnostic assays with minimum supervision
- Lead a group of scientists
- Participate in internal and external research collaborations
- Support clinical laboratory operations
- Partner with Validations, Bioinformatics, Clinical Operations
- Make educational scientific presentations, both internally and externally