At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For more than 90 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
To help meet the growing demand for our diabetes treatment, Novo Nordisk expects to double production of diabetes drugs over the next decade. Novo Nordisk is currently building a new diabetes API plant in Clayton, NC next to our existing facility that employs 800 people. The new plant will initially employ 700 employees to produce the active ingredients for a new diabetes oral treatment and a range of other diabetes drugs.
Novo Nordisk is currently seeking top talent for this green field project and eventual operations. This once in a life-time career opportunity is ideal for manufacturing professionals who not only understand the operational complexities of manufacturing but also have the desire and drive to help us design and build. Here you will work with the best manufacturing professionals in the industry, while learning and taking part in the plant design.
Ensure successful completion of the Detail design phases of the DAPI-US project & take a lead role in bringing the engineering group into the next phases of the project: Construction, Commissioning & Qualification. Position will take the lead role for the engineering management supervision group, which will be overlooking the construction and C&Q of the facility & equipment. Primary tasks include: provide input & review design documents; solve design errors identified at site, lead supervision team ensuring adequate level of quality of craftsmanship. Position will be the owner of the Process Scheduling & Capacity Calculations & maintain those through commissioning & into operation.
* Overall construction supervision responsible within the engineering management group.
* Support development of construction supervision specifications documents.
* Ensure quality of equipment & processes.
* Participation in Hazop’s & PHAs.
* Participation in design & construction & test (FAT/SAT) workshops with engineering suppliers.
* Input & review of Process Module Diagrams, P&IDs, TS, FS & Process Flow Diagrams.
* Be the overall NN responsible for the Process Scheduling & Capacity Calculations.
* Support engineering in maintaining schedule adherence.
* Ensure coordination & collaboration between the different project teams.
* Support Fermentation track in terms of engineering support to equipment supplier supervision, FAT, SAT & technical troubleshooting
* Gathering & ensure knowledge transfer to project from DK sponsor site.
* Other duties or tasks as assigned.
* BA/BS degree in life sciences, process engineering, engineering or related field.
* 8+ years engineering experience in Maintenance, Design, Process Improvement & Operation (12+ years experience preferred).
* Pharma/Biotech experience.
Technical/Process/Functional Knowledge: PREFERRED
* Knowledgeable in the following systems: Instrument & Electrical, Mechanical, Control/SCADA/PLCs, Process Improvement Methodologies, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM).
* Proven ability to lead teams.
* Proven expertise in planning/organization/execution of maintenance activities, following up on results.
* Revising the work plan for complex problems being resolved by cross functional teams.
Physical & Other Requirements:
* Ability to work in & around an active construction site during project phase.
* Ability to move throughout the facility in the performance of duties in proximity to process equipment & areas.
* Ability to travel internationally.
* Ability to work with hazardous materials including sanitants.
* Ability to work hours necessary to support the project & later production & maintenance activities.
At this time, Novo Nordisk is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future would require sponsorship for employment visa status.
Department DAPI US - Engineering US
Position Location US - Clayton, NC
State/Provinces US - NC
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle – helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you’ll feel a difference right from the start. It’s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.