The plant cell biology lead will be responsible for developing and deploying rapid transient assays to test genome editing tools in a variety of species using several plant tissue and cell systems. The lead will also use molecular genetics and cell biology approaches to drive, in collaboration with other R&D functions, the identification, and testing of genes important for efficient embryo formation and regeneration. This senior scientist will manage a team of Ph.D. scientists and research associates that will deliver critical enabling technologies to support both the development of novel gene editing technologies as well as product concepts. This role will also be part of Pairwise’s scientific team and report to the head of gene editing tools. This position will be critical to not only building the scientific strategy but also the culture of our R&D organization as the company grows.
- Manage the plant cell biology team to develop and maintain rapid transient assays in plant tissues and cells from a variety of plant species
- Drive continuous innovation related to rapid testing of gene editing technologies in plant cells and tissues
- Collaborate across R&D to drive discovery and validation of genes useful for stimulating embryogenesis and regeneration in plants
- Identify, hire and retain the best scientific talent from cell biology, plant physiology and transformation biology
- Collaborate with universities and other scientific organizations to bring diverse thought into Pairwise