Vector Laboratories is seeking a Lead Laboratory Associate primarily responsible for driving and supporting the day to day activities of the Manufacturing Team by scheduling work, ensuring on time completion of assigned jobs and providing guidance to team members. The Lead provides production updates to department management, helps identify areas of improvement, and delegates tasks to achieve department objectives. The Lead works closely with several departments to facilitate on-time release of product and transfer of new product from R&D to manufacturing. The Lead performs investigation of non-conformities, develops corrective action plans and implements corrective actions in compliance with due dates. This position requires excellent communication with management, team members and across functional departments.
- Sets priorities, assigns work orders, and drives completion to assigned due dates
- Generates work orders and performs batch record review and release
- Maintains documentation in compliance with our Quality Management System (ISO9001:2015)
- Drafts manufacturing documents as needed
- Performs manufacturing activities including formulation, bioconjugation and protein purification
- Works closely with other departments as necessary to coordinate product release and new product transfer.
- Investigates and troubleshoots non-conformances and completes corrective action plans
- Ensures that all laboratory equipment is maintained and calibrated according to established requirements and schedules.
- Assists in inventory control and purchasing of raw materials, and consumables.
- Ensures a clean, orderly and safe laboratory environment following health and safety guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.