Job Title: Lead Development Representative IReports to: Manager, Inside SalesFLSA Class: Exempt Introduction to Job Post:Takara Bio USA, Inc. is looking for a self-motivated and attentive team player to join the U.S. sales team in Fitchburg, WI. The Lead Development Representative reports to the Manager, Inside Sales and is responsible for identifying prospects and qualifying opportunities for the North American sales team. The role is focused on sales prospecting, monitoring effectiveness of marketing campaigns and lead qualification. The job requires close collaboration with inside and field sales as well as the marketing team. The Lead Development Representative I role is office-based. Travel, including overnight, is required approximately 5%. Essential Functions:
- Responsible for the qualification of sales leads developed by sales and marketing activities.
- Responsible for lead generation from grant award recipients and online research.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on effectiveness of sales and marketing campaigns.
- Lead qualification to be achieved via scripted questions related to specific lead source and product of interest.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively execute corporate sales and marketing strategies.
- Works closely with Inside and Field sales team to increase efficiency of sales activities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Takara Bio USA products and markets.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively qualify new and existing customers primarily by phone and email.
- Creates and executes questioning strategies designed to clearly understand opportunity size and urgency.
- Updates and maintains the customer relationship management (CRM) software tool to ensure full transparency of customer information across the organization.
- Communicates potential opportunities with the Inside Sales Representatives (ISRs) and Territory Managers (TMs).
- Learns and understands the technical details of key products (new and existing) to more efficiently assess lead value.
- Provides timely communication and follow-up to customers; consistently meets the customer’s expectations.
- Provides pertinent market and competitive information to the organization.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education/Certification, Experience, and Competencies:
- BS in life science discipline required.
- Telesales and/or telemarketing experience preferred and up to one experience desired.
- Strong communication skills desired.
AAP/EEO Statement:Takara Bio USA, Inc. does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. Disclaimer:Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.