The Next-Generation Sequencing Informatics (NGSI) group is looking to hire an individual who is seeking to continue a challenging and rewarding career as a Lead Bioinformatics Programmer. As the bioinformatics core of the HGSC, NGSI oversees the day-to-day logistics of all NGS pipelines through a single, integrated system that supports the HGSC Sequencing and Analysis Efforts. As a senior NGSI member, this role will manage the development, testing and deployment of new protocols and the transition of existing methods to production scale. These efforts will engage the full spectrum of HGSC projects, ranging from rare Mendelian disorders to large disease cohorts (Alzheimer's, Heart Disease, Cancer) to model organism integration.
In this role, the Lead Programmer will work with internal and external collaborators to support the publication and communication of actionable scientific findings at conferences. This unique opportunity at the HGSC provides you the ability to pursue academic goals while gaining industry-quality production experience. A qualified candidate will possess a minimum of two years of at-scale NGS experience and the ability to lead NGS pipeline development and contribute to HGSC software engineering. This senior-level position requires a high-performing programmer and scientist with demonstrated exceptional communication, organization, and time-management skills. This candidate will “hit the ground running” and so must be proficient in all and an expert in most of the skills listed in the “Experience” section listed below.
- Pipeline Maintenance and Development: PM, LIMS, QC, IT, Clinical feature requests.
- Novel Protocol Implementation.
- Continuous Integration Testing.
- Advanced Ticket Resolution.
- Production Integration with Hadoop Data Warehouse, DNAnexus
- HGSC Software Engineering.
- Maintain and develop NGSI software
- Integrate into production environment.
- Variant Calling, Annotation, Quality Control software