We are looking for intelligent, motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Twist Bioscience Operations Team in San Francisco. The Laboratory Technician/Assistant will perform basic molecular biology workflows in a highly automated, high-throughput manner and will be responsible for the manufacture and analysis of a variety of custom gene products across Twist Bioscience’s proprietary process workflow to meet the Twist production forecast and timelines.
The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast paced start-up environment. The Laboratory Technician/Assistant will be responsible for the production of custom gene based products and/or various intermediates according to established SOPs and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manufacture high quality custom gene products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment (Hamiltons and similar systems) and traditional lab equipment (bioanalyzers, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, HPLCs, Next-Gen Sequencing etc.)
- Knowledge and use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques
- Preparation of reagents and sub assemblies for manufacturing processes
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
- Updating and writing work instructions and documentation
- Ability to work independently and in a safe manner
- Attention to details for process consistency
- Documentation, troubleshooting and addressing process deviations
- Packaging products
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, lean manufacturing environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep manufacturing on track
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or closely-related field of study; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity or prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good written and verbal skills
- Quick learner
- Good computer skills including experience with Excel and Word, JIRA, web-based or similar programs
SHIFT: 7PM-730 am shift; 12h day - 3d /4d alt work week with 1 weekend day
Typical Working Conditions are:
- Team based laboratory environment.
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours; working flexible shifts as needed
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience is a privately-held venture-backed company. The two key investors are ARCH Venture Partners and Paladin Capital Group. The founders of Twist Bioscience are proven entrepreneurs and innovators in the genomics field. Our expertise is synthetic DNA. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a 10,000-well silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, such as oligonucleotides, genes, pathways, chassis and genomes. By synthesizing DNA on silicon instead of on traditional 96-well plastic plates, our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production. The Twist Bioscience platform has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of personalized medicine, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production as well as new applications such as in vivo diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer and a e-verify employer.