Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives.
Our success is powered by our world-class team's commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world's fastest growing specialty pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn't just welcomed, it's encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of stretch assignments and opportunities to step into the spotlight.
The Laboratory Technician III, Microbiology performs microbiological testing on raw materials, in-process and finished product samples.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
• Performing microbiological tests and interpreting the results based upon the Standard Operating Procedures.
• Prepare microbiological media.
• Receives and/or prepares supplies and media.
• Environmental and facility sample collection.
• General laboratory cleaning and sanitation.
• Entering data from testing for trend analysis.
• Performing routine cleaning of incubators and refrigerators.
• Maintain all necessary documentation regarding the activities listed above.
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
• Ability to read, comprehend, write, and communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Ability to work and communicate with others in a professional and effective manner, within a team-oriented environment.
• Physically able to continuously stand and walk.
• Physically able to lift up to 40 lbs. for men and 35 lbs. for women.
• Associates degree in Biological Sciences or related field and four (2) years lab experience
• Basic Microsoft Office Skills
• Basic LIMS experience
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory, but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
• Bachelor's degree in Microbiology and two (2) years lab experience in an FDA regulated environment
• Specific vision requirements include 20/20 near vision (can be corrected with eyeglasses or contacts).
• Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
• Basic LIMs, QMS, & Trackwise Systems
• Experience in an FDA regulated and aseptic environment