Allergan plc (NYSE: AGN) is a bold, global pharmaceutical company and a leader in a new industry model - Growth Pharma. Allergan is focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals and biologic products for patients around the world.
Allergan markets a portfolio of best-in-class products that provide novel treatments for the central nervous system, eye care, medical aesthetics and dermatology, gastroenterology, women's health, urology, anti-infective and cardiovascular therapeutic categories. With commercial operations in approximately 100 countries, Allergan is committed to working with physicians, healthcare providers and patients to deliver innovative and meaningful treatments that help people around the world live longer, healthier lives. Our success is powered by our world-class team's commitment to being Bold for Life. Together, we build bridges, power ideas, act fast and drive results for our customers and patients around the world by always doing what it is right.
Join one of the world's fastest growing specialty pharmaceutical companies!
At Allergan you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn't just welcomed, it's encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfill their potential. Our rapid growth strategy means plenty of stretch assignments and opportunities to step into the spotlight.
The Laboratory Technician III in Chemistry is responsible for supporting the manufacturing process of Rx and OTC pharmaceutical products in Waco.
Main Areas of Responsibilities
• Provides technical assistance to the Chemistry Laboratory staff for the execution of Validation Protocols covering laboratory operations and manufacturing support in relation to raw materials in process and finished products.
• Conducts investigations on out of specification test results.
• Organizes and may performs testing of raw materials (including USP water), bulk samples, and finished product to assure the chemical quality of the product.
• Evaluates stability of raw materials, bulk samples, and finished product per established protocols.
• Interfaces with QA counterparts to optimize laboratory support of QA and production activities.
• Works effectively with chemists to complete special sample analyses as required.
The following listed requirements need to be met at a minimum level to be considered for the job:
• Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Chemistry or related science field.
• Five (5) years' experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing chemistry lab or similar laboratory experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience with LIMS and Trackwise preferred
• Experience working in a GMP regulated environment preferred.
• Experience in an aseptic manufacturing facility preferred.
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory, but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
• Self-directed, proactive; comfortable in team settings
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.