Each employee’s specific job responsibilities are uniquely defined by their individual training plan and assigned duties, but are generally defined as follows:
* Complying with the laboratory’s technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
* Participating in the laboratory’s quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
* Following the laboratory’s policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within acceptable limits and documenting the problem and any corrective action.
* Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
* Performing proficiency testing in the same manner as routine samples.
* Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
* Where competency has not been approved by supervision, will work under the direct supervision of an employee competent on the task.
* Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
* Participates in departmental and cross-functional teams to resolve problems or implement projects.
* Can serve as a trainer on technical processes within the group.
* Assist in achieving and maintaining laboratory certifications as appropriate
* Master’s degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,
* Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science.
* Due to the nature of the tests extensive documentation skills are required
* Requires good attention to detail
* Good communication skills are a must
* Requires the ability to adapt to change efficiently
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Lifting up to 20lbs, Pulling and/or Pushing, Carrying, Repetitive Motion, Near Acuity, Color Determination, Depth Perception