The Laboratory Technician III is responsible for specimen processing, testing and monitoring test performance. The technician must demonstrate competency, as defined in the department’s training program, prior to performing independent testing. This position will work with department management and quality team members to ensure that laboratory activities are defined, documented and completed to support inspection readiness and that compliance is maintained through procedures, training, documentation and continuous improvement projects.
Laboratory Technician III job responsibilities:
- Can work independently with minimal guidance from supervisor or manager once training has been completed
- Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
- Can manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Adheres to Standard Operating Procedures and seeks to make improvements where needed
- Attentive to Laboratory Safety requirementsAssist in achieving and maintaining laboratory certifications as appropriate
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
- Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
- Participates in departmental and cross-functional teams to resolve problems or implement projects.
- Can serve as a trainer on technical processes within the group.
- Master’s degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science.
- Due to the nature of the tests extensive documentation skills are required
- Minimum of 2 years Laboratory Experience
- Experince with FDA compliance is helpful
- Requires excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills are a must
- Requires the ability to adapt to change efficiently
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Lifting up to 20lbs, Pulling and/or Pushing, Carrying, Repetitive Motion, Near Acuity, Color Determination, Depth Perception