Each employee’s specific job responsibilities are uniquely defined by their individual training plan and assigned duties, but are generally defined as follows:
- •Complying with the laboratory’s technical, administrative and safety policies and procedures.
- •Participating in the laboratory’s quality assurance plan, adhering to quality control and preventive maintenance policies and appropriately documenting these activities.
- •Following the laboratory’s policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within acceptable limits and documenting the problem and any corrective action.
- •Troubleshooting and identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and/or reporting of test results by initiating corrective action and using the defined electronic system to make the required management notification.
- •Performing proficiency testing in the same manner as routine samples.
- •Actively participating in successful and timely completion of training and competency assessment as outlined in the laboratory and departmental training programs.
- •Where competency has not been approved by supervision, will work under the direct supervision of an employee competent on the task.
- •Participating in continuing education according to accepted laboratory standards.
- •Participates in departmental and cross-functional teams to resolve problems or implement projects.
- •Can serve as a trainer on technical processes within the group.
- •Assist in achieving and maintaining laboratory certifications as appropriate
- •Master’s degree in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological science, or,
- •Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science.
- •Due to the nature of the tests extensive documentation skills are required
- Requires good attention to detail
- •Good communication skills are a must
- •Requires the ability to adapt to change efficiently
Physical and Mental Requirements of the job:
Lifting up to 20lbs, Pulling and/or Pushing, Carrying, Repetitive Motion, Near Acuity, Color Determination, Depth Perception