Your career isn’t motivated solely by success; it’s driven by a passion for advancement, and an aspiration to excel in every way.
Stanford Health Care values professionals like you. Our determination to advance health care and discover new treatments and medicines is matched only by a rigorous belief that better care is the result of a solid commitment to our employees’ careers.
Stanford Health Care is now recruiting for a Laboratory Supervisor that will supervise and help develop a new clinical genomics laboratory within Stanford Clinical Laboratories.
The initial effort will be directed toward starting an efficient and state-of-the-art Clinical Genomics Service focusing on the analysis of genome and related sequencing data. This individual will work with an existing, engaged, friendly and collaborative team composed of programmers, bioinformaticians, biocurators, genetic counselors, and laboratory medical directors. This individual will supervise the work of personnel engaged in this project, including specimen collection and processing, data analysis and curation, data storage, report generation, EMR integration, regulatory compliance, and quality management.
The Lab Supervisor will also be responsible for:
- Preparing technical reports reflecting department process volume, testing results, analysis, adverse trends, conclusions or recommendations for management and other hospital personnel.
- Develop and implement department specific processes/procedures and quality control programs to ensure reliability of testing procedures, proper function of laboratory equipment and compliance to safety/health and state/federal regulations, and monitors and evaluates, equipment, systems and supplies to ensure operational efficiency and reliability of results.
- Supervise laboratory personnel engaged in performing routine and specialized technical procedures.
- Plan laboratory work assignments, evaluates work performed and provides direction decisions in handling procedural and technical problems.
- Designing appropriate work schedules for subordinate employees and plans daily work assignments in order to maintain adequate staffing to meet customer service needs.
- Perform all human resource management responsibilities such as conducting employee performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, interviews, hiring, disciplining, and terminations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.