SUMMARY: The Laboratory Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for the oversight of the clinical laboratory QA program, proficiency testing, continuing education, occurrence reporting and inspection/accreditation. Initially, duties will include assisting in the set up of the Quality Management system at Mount Sinai Connecticut.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Coordinate yearly proficiency testing for CLIA and CAP for all required personnel. Distribute, review and file all surveys. Review surveys with appropriate management personnel.
* Plan for and schedule required continuing education. Subscribe to teleconference or on-line conferences as available. Coordinate OSHA in-service. Work with appropriate management personnel to ensure compliance.
* Support efforts for inspection and accreditation. Review and update policy and procedure manuals as needed. Review and sign policy and procedure manuals yearly. Schedule CAP self inspections with laboratory. Perform unannounced spot inspections to ensure compliance. Complete applications for required regulatory inspections. Lead efforts for Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement. Follow up on all Occurrence Reports for the laboratory. Lead quarterly management meeting to review all key performance indicators and to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the quality management system.
* Establish and lead standardized programs for equipment calibration and document retention as per Mount Sinai School of Medicine policies.
* Performs other duties as required.